Day 17

Today was the day a chair was being born. With one last run to the hardware store before assembling the first chair, I was all ready. I sorted out all of my spacers to match them will equal sized, then I began work. I cut the boards to fit the width of the chair, then I slid the wood into the chair completing the look.

I would cut the board to fit, then glue in he two spacers. I would cut the next board, then glue in the spacers. I followed this process 14 times until I made it to the top of the chair. Because of the contour of the chair, a normal 1 3/4" board would not make it to the top. I have not put in the top board, because I need to specially measure and cut it to fit flush with the top.

After today, was the first day where The chair truly looks like a chair, and I am loving it.





At the end of day 14, I had put in 2.5 hours of work.

This brings my total hours to 43

Completed:
1. Assembled chair

Tomorrows tasks (weather permitting):
1. Paint second chair

Comments

Popular Posts