Week 3

I feel like I say this in every weekly update, but week 3 was by far the best. Chairs are starting to truly take shape, paint is looking good, and my senior year is coming to an end. To add to all of the work I have accomplished on my project, I was also busy on the baseball field with the baseball team.  Practices and games were also high on my priority list because we had a chance for an undefeated championship season.

I have been able to look back at this week and have been very happy with the progress I have made, and very happy with the final look of the chairs. A lot of time and energy was painting the chairs and frames. Other tasks that I had finished were the staining of the mahogany, and cutting the slats to length for the first chair, and ultimately finishing it completely.

Here is a photo timeline of my week
 Final coats of green paint
 Staining beveled edges of the mahogany
 Chair prepped for wood
 Process of cutting wood
 Final product
 Final product
 Final product
 Began painting second chair
  Began painting second chair

Here is what I have completed over week 3:

1. Started and finished paint on first chair.
2. Stained the mahogany for the slats.
3. Cut slats to the correct length.
4. Put in slats and glues in spacers.
5. Finished chair one.
6. Began painting chair 2.


To this point I have been able to keep on schedule and I feel that I am making good steady progress. My only challenges have been the dry time for the paint, and the mistake I made cutting one wood slat to length. As it becomes to be crunch time with only 2 days left I feel confident that I will be done by Wednesday. I am looking forward to continuing my project and seeing the progress I make in the next 3 days. Other than putting together my final chair, I need to figure out what the best way is for me to present my project to the community. 


For the next 2 days I will need to:

1. Put 2 more coats of paint on the second chair.
2. Cut wood to correct length to fit in the chair.
3. Construct the second chair.
4. Present at express fest.
5. Deliver chairs. 


At the end of week 3 I have logged a total of 46 hours + 1 hour on Sunday

47 Hours!




Comments

Popular Posts