Week 2

At this point in my project I have reached the end of week 2. I'm not sure if time can slow down a little but that would be nice. Week 2 was full of little moments that challenged my creative thinking, and my ability to do tasks that I had little experience with like welding, or no experience with at all like beveling the mahogany's edges. Along with a busy Baseball schedule it was sometimes hard to get a consistent number of hours. I would work a little, then be able to also put in time after games, and after dark.


I have been able to look back at this week and have been very happy with the progress I have made. A lot of time and energy was spent priming the chairs and frames, but I was also able to finish many other necessary tasks, making progress towards a finished product. 

Pre-primed chair
Primed chair 
Pre-primed frame
Primed frame
Before welding at the proctor medal shop
After welding
Welding in action
Final weld after grinding it down
Mahogany stripped to 1 3/4'' width
Machine beveled edge on mahogany



Here is what I have completed over week 2:

1. Primed both chairs and frames with 2 coats of primer.
2. Transported frame that needed welding to Proctor.
3. Welded the cracked frame.
4. Transported the frame home after welding.
5. Stripped mahogany boards into 14. (6'x1 3/4'')
6. Machine beveled all 90 degree edges of boards.


To this point I have been on schedule and making good progress. My only challenges have been the dry time for the primer. I see the same problem coming up this week when I begin to paint. I will need to organize myself to maximize my painting production while I may be stuck in the garage painting again due to weather. I am looking forward to continuing my project and seeing the progress I make daily. I need to keep on top of my hours and use my time wisely in order to spend time painting and also allow for drying time.


For the next week and a half I will need to:

1. Paint both chairs.
2. Cut wood to correct length to fit in the chair.
3. Cut spacers to separate wood.
4. Construct the chairs.
5. Seal the wood.
6. Sell the chairs.


At the end of week 2 I have logged a total of 31 hours

Comments

Popular Posts