Day 16

For me, day 16 was the best one yet. I was a little slowed down by a doctors appointment in the morning, but after that I was able to complete every task needed to have all of the components to my first chair completed. The last steps are just to cut the wood to length and assemble the chair.

Here is the fully painted chair without the frame.


As for day 16 I spent time prepping for the second chair to be painted tomorrow, and I spent time in the metal shop on campus to cut my rubber spacers that separate the wood in the chair. To do this I used the band saw in the shop to cut the spacers in half so that the spaces in-between the slats are even and that I have enough of them for both chairs. Below is a picture of before and after the rubber spacers are cut.

For this I had to cut 30 of them and here is a bag full of all 60 spacers.


Tomorrow i will be able to hopefully have one solid completed product before I start painting for the second chair.



At the end of day 16, I had put in 2 hours of work.

This brings my total hours to 41.5

Completed:
1. Cut spacers
2. Prepped for second chairs paint

Tomorrows tasks (weather permitting):
1. Assemble chair 
2. Begin paint on second chair

Comments

Popular Posts