Day 14

The first beautiful day in a long time was perfect. It was just what I needed. I could finally get outside to work after being forced to work inside for a week. Right away I took advantage of the nice weather with a quick trip to the hardware store for some paint thinner and paint, then I began my work.

For today, I took advantage of the warm and sunny weather to stain and seal the mahogany that I had cut last Thursday. Due to time and conflicts when purchasing the stain, I had to make a decision on the "natural color". I realized it might not match what was already existing perfectly. Today I stained the cut edge that did not have the factory stain. The tricky part now is to wait until tomorrow to see if the factory stain and the stain that I put on the wood match. If they don't I will need to stain all four sides of the wood, and not just the one. Tomorrow I will be able to determine if it is a match, or if I have to stain the remaining 3 sides.

 Here is what I used for stain and paint thinner.












Here are the wood slats after I treated them with sealer and stain. 


At the end of day 14, I had put in 3 hours of work.

This brings my total hours to 37

Completed:
1. Hardware store trip
2. Stained

Tomorrows tasks (weather permitting):
1. Paint
2. Stain more (if needed)

Comments

  1. Thanks for the terrific update Eric. Love that you are making the seat and back out of some beautiful wood. that is going to look great. Are you still making two? They are going to look great. Keep up the good work. Looking forward to seeing the finished product!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts